Tuesday, January 02, 2007

addendum

Playing right now: Duke Ellington - Money Jungle

Followup to previous post: I was sitting on New Year's Eve, listening to a mix CD made from a few years earlier and "My Little Red Book" came on, making me realize that I didn't mention Arthur Lee in the list of folks we lost in 20-ought-6. Didn't list Syd Barrett either. D'oh.

Then a spirit from the dead snuck up behind me and whacked me upside the head and yelled, "HEY!" in a raspy voice.

It was James Brown.

I'm not only about jazz, peoples. One of my resolutions was to get back into more of the rock saddle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not that I remembered these off the top of my head either, but there were a whole bunch of other good 'uns: Grant McLennan, Buck Owens, Ruth Brown, Wilson Pickett, Gene Pitney...

W